Frank Lamphere is looking to partner with quality organizations to present Rat Pack Jazz. Fine listening, the musical equivalent of fine dining.
"Many restaurants pride themselves on having upscale, high quality service and food. Then they hire musical entertainment that, if it were food, would be the equivalent of a hotdog. Perplexing!" - Frank Lamphere
Congratulations on another album replete with fantastic vocals, world-class musicianship, and top notch, hard swinging arrangements! This album is as good as anything out there - Ben Dockery
What is the musical offering?
Considered one of the nation's prominent singer-entertainers of this genre, Frank Lamphere is seeking quality venues with which to partner, in presenting live Rat Pack Jazz. It's not jazz! (in the usual sense) Yes, the players are top jazz musicians but the presentation is more show, more songs and with fewer instrumental solos. It's not another Frank Sinatra wannabe, crooning to what amounts to karaoke tracks.
Rat Pack Jazz on the other hand, is Frank Lamphere's powerful musical presentation. The best of both worlds. It's retro, it's classic! Pre 1970s popular music and jazz standards that people want to hear, performed by a world-class vocalist and a star-studded band. Envision a baseball team with Babe Ruth, Joe Dimaggio, Ted Williams, Barry Bonds, and Ty Cobb; then you will have an idea of Lamphere's band. Enough said!
Where has all the classic live music gone? Where are the great male singers, well-dressed, with a band playing hard-swinging, finger-snapping jazz, behind them? There aren't many left. There are fewer and fewer opportunities for a singer to learn this craft and it does require time, training, as well as natural talent. Rush Street and other areas of Chicago, used to be loaded with all kinds of this type of entertainment. One has to look very hard these days, to find such music and such singers. But look no further!
Frank Lamphere has been performing in clubs (successfully) and other venues for more than 20 years. He's got the classic jazzy pop music of the 1930-60s "down" like few other entertainers. He along with his band, make a big impression wherever they perform.
Lamphere is looking for the "right" rooms to perform in and the "right" businesses to work with.
Are you looking to hire a band for background or a show?
You may hire what is believed to be a very good band. Obviously, not all bands are so good and not all are so entertaining. There is a huge spread between most "bar bands" and the pros. There is often an overlap in where they perform, but that is the end of the comparison. If it were possible to offer your hard-earned customers both a stimulating musical experience as well a great entertainment experience would that be of interest? Most likely; otherwise you wouldn't be reading this.
With Frank Lamphere you get both.
Karaoke? Background tracks that an amateur vocalist sings along to? There is much better! Frank and his trio.
What about ambiance? Big screen televisions with sporting events silently illuminating every angle in the lounge help create a mental free-for-all, from the client's point of view. A sports bar atmosphere and serious music clash. Just my observation.
Read the two page article (Lamphere is interviewed) from this national restaurant publication about hosting live entertainment in restaurants.
Do you or will you work alone with tracks at a small venue like ours? We just don't have the room. Sorry! If the quality of the music is important to you, you will not hire someone with tracks. At least with the big band and jazz stuff. The best way I can describe the available background music is that it is lifeless and sounds really amateur! Big band tracks and singers that use them are for a karaoke bar. We don't think that there are many instances when a singer using tracks has outclassed a very good vocalist that performs with professional musicians.
Frank, do you have a huge mailing list and following? Yes and No. I am currently working sporadically (9-30-20) so I am uncertain of my following. When you work what are primarily, private events and are not consistently working bars, you lose your following. I've had great followings in the past. Here's a fact. Most club performers will never get out of the clubs. They must have a following. But ask them if they would prefer to sing in a club for the "normal" rate or if they would prefer to make "serious" money being hired for private events and the answer would be obvious. I work private-corporate events because I am chosen over others; whose preference would be, to do, what I do. Plain and simple. When I work in a club setting for any length of time, I quickly redevelop a following.
Why consider hiring Frank Lamphere and his band for your venue?
1. Frank Lamphere is a great singer, a very good entertainer, and a successful music contractor that puts together the best personnel to be able to do "his thing". Frank is a winner and would like to partner with other winning organizations that hold his same high-minded standards and pursuit of excellence.
2. Frank Lamphere brings an added element of class and sophistication to your venue that your clientele will not only appreciate but will reward with more frequent visits and higher check totals. By hiring Frank Lamphere you show your hard-earned clientele that you care about their total dining and drinking experience.
3. A solid attraction. Frank is a very impressive singer in this genre. (Swinging jazz standards and pre-70s pop) Classic Italian, sock-hop rock n' roll, and Latin dance are also a part of his vast repertoire. The music sounds great! The band is spectacular. But, as in horse racing, the fastest horse needs the best jockey. Lamphere is that jockey. He has all the right tools to impress the public and to keep them coming back, thus being profitable for the venue.
4. Frank is never boring nor are his song selections predictable. Lamphere has a vast well of tunes to choose from (more than 2500). That alone, is an amazing achievement when one considers that most singers and bands are able to perform 50 songs or less.
5. Flexibility. Frank typically performs a show but he can perform a show or melt into the background as needed.
6. A solid promotion and marketing campaign. Frank has successfully run his music entertainment business for 19 years while at the same time, running a successful construction business for 25 years. He understands that no matter how great the quality of the finished product, it's useless if the consumer doesn't know where to buy it. Website, radio, search engine, You Tube, press releases, direct mail, e mail, and posters are all part of the Rat Pack Jazz promotional endeavor.
Some venues where Frank Lamphere held steadies:
The Flame - Countryside
Sopranos - Chicago
The Peninsula Hotel - Chicago
Jilly's - Naperville
Viand - Chicago
Jimmy's Charhouse - Elk Grove
Villa Verone - Geneva
Find out if having Frank and his Rat Pack Jazz makes sense for your venue.
No usage or reproduction of any kind is permitted without prior written consent from Rat Pack Jazz.com and this Dean Martin Frank Sinatra Impersonator and Dean Martin Frank Sinatra Tribute for Corporate Entertainment, Casinos, and Special Events, serving Chicago, Palm Springs, New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Los Angeles, St Louis, Phoenix, Virginia Beach, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Des Moines, Milwaukee and cities Nationwide. All content and images on this website are copyrighted. All Rights Reserved.